Why Local SEO?
Local SEO Stats says that 46% of total searches on google are Local , 60% of local searches used get directions & click to call, Google maps listings or google 3-pack displays on top of search for all keywords with local intent & 70% of people confirming business location on local searches before going to it for the first time, and more .
Local SEO is important for business to stay ahead of competitors, get decent customers today. As a business or shop, should have an SEO strategy for increasing business conversion, reaching niche customer base. I also add, local seo is similar to organic seo but specified for GEO or a city.
Experts says “You loose your business if your business in not available on Internet.”
What is local intent or Geo-Modified ?
“Local intent” mean that using town or city name you service along with keywords is called local intent. here are few frequently used local intent search queries.
Eg: “Keyword + location” or “keyword + Near me” or “Keyword + City/state/country name” and other similar variants
What is Local SEO?
Local SEO(Search Engine Optimization) is to promote business, their services & products for Geo-Modified, Location Specific Searches or Keywords. For local Business, It is an effective way to achieve maximum visibility on search engines, and drive more traffic (web traffic and foot traffic!) to their websites and stores.
Is Local SEO is Important?
Yes it is! as Today! most of the mobile users and desktop users search for business locations, addresses, phone numbers & directions etc. reviews & ratings are basic metrics considering by the customers to go for call to action i.e. buy an product, order an meal, or go for online shopping, get an service etc. Local SEO is a way to help business to position on searches & promote what they can offer and make them available for the customers at the time they are looking for your type of business.I also add that the local search’s has the highest conversion rate today than any similar options.
Local SEO Check List:
- Should have an physical business in the location you target for ranking,
- Proper category assigned, Verified GMB listings
- Having localized content,
- Consistent citations, reviews, ratings & links
Lets now dive in to Ranking Factors Behind Local results & Local Pack listings here:
Ranking Factor 1: Optimized Business Listing on GMB:
- Have an Verified Listing on Google My Business (GMB), if not claim it & get verified sooner,
- If your business multiple locations & you should have different GMB listings for each.
- Include accurate Business name, not included keywords
- Make sure you never go for virtual business address, remote offices etc
- Add Photos of your Interiors, work place, rest rooms etc of your physical office to improve Dwell time on GMB Listing. Here is an informative article on how to claim your business listing on Google My Business. As your well optimized business listing on GMB will be sorted based on relevancy, distance & Popularity so to list on Google Three-pack.
Ranking Factor 2: Mobile Friendly :
Check websites mobile friendliness using this Google’s tool. Choose an Mobile friendly theme for your business website
Ranking Factor 3: On-page SEO
- Keyword optimized business title(less than 60 Characters), meta description (less than 150 characters), URL (as short and as near as possible to main domain) i.e. here is an reference
- “Service + City name i.e. Local SEO Services Bangalore”
- “If you are looking for an seo company in bangalore to provide local seo services. Reach us for, no matters you was an small business,global business located in various locations around the globe”
- Create different pages for different locations if business based at different locations
- Optimized Header tags included target keyword
- Include Local business schema for different landing pages if you have multiple locations, or use schema for home page if you have one business location
- Create unique 400+ words localized content for each landing page
- Embed google maps for each landing mage
Ranking Factor 3: Reviews & Citations
What is an Review?
Review is an Citation for an product , services provided by the end user. Reviews benefits users, and businesses. Users use them to understand the product or services the best, business uses them to increase trust, fix issues with their product or services.
Here are the focus of an best review:
- grabs attention customers who are matters for a business
- looks genuine and appealing for the user
- enhance the reputation
- making customers understand the product , services end user prospect
What is an Citation?
Citation is an Mention of product, services or business provided on listing, directory reference provided to your business a review written for your product or services by an end user, influencer etc, an recommendations buy trusting source
List your Business on review’s sites, business listings to improve online reputation, get valuable feed back and improve citations here are few top review sites: yelp, yellow pages, face book, manta, better business bureau, Four Square, Trip Advisor, Angie’s list, glass door, LinkedIn etc.Take care of reviews management i.e. requesting for feedback from customers, respond for reviews either mention thank you message for positive & apology message for negative reviews submit listings for data aggregators or primary data sources, include info groups etc, directories like super pages, yellow book etc for getting consistent ~ Same NAP citations (NAP: Name-Address-Phone no)Get more reviews by promoting multiple Questions while commenting or responding for reviews
How to choose directories & other resources to get citations?
Here are considerations our experts do to finalize the resources to get citations.
- High Authority, Traffic & most popular Directory Aggregators for Getting Citations
- Competitor Directories: we do use best keywords, identify best directory for getting citations for SERP’s
- find Google trusted Directories
- submit business manually for high authority, and relevant social media sites to get awesome social citations,
Ranking Factor 4: Domain Authority
Improve Domain Authority & increase chance of visibility for customers by Getting back links from local blogs, city’s chamber of commerce, local media outlets, local events etc by reaching them & maintaining relations.Maintain Consistency in incoming Links from local domains
Ranking Factor 5: Social Signals
Engagements on google+, face book business pages, twitter business profiles etc
Ranking Factor 6: Behavioral Signals
- Find distance for reach to business locations
- Request for directions,
- Request for call,
- CTR of search results etc