You will be learning lot here in this blog. Kudos for you, you took an right decision, choosing to start and manage a blog for yourself or your business. Let me tell you, i started a blog in 2012, to manage my learning online. I never had a thought , and not even know that we can earn some bugs through blog when i started blogging. Still i grown as professional blogger, earned a lot, found lot many opportunities to make money online through my blogs.
So never be panic if are a beginner, You can start your blogging career right now, no qualifications needed if you are able to create a content with no mistakes, or else you have passion on some thing at least as there are different sources to get written your blog content on your niche.
Here is the piece of information to make you fit into blogging, if don’t know nothing, or good content writer or know some thing to write about.
WHAT IS BLOGGING?
Blogging is a decade old internet term, enabled multiple bloggers grow their audience. Blogging is an opportunity for everyone to express self ideas, learning’s or any thing else online on World Wide Web. Its become one of the fastest media to spread information, news online today. You must be aware that there are millions of blogs on internet, behind have multiple opportunities to make your blog stand out. best thing about blogging is you can make money on managing a blog. I came across many people who blogs regularly, among few of them having passion at blogging and others blogs only for making money.
Now its you time…
Are you interested in Blogging, Then Here we go …
HOW TO START A BLOG?
Writing a blog is always a good idea !Hey, not heading up on where to start? how to start? just getting confused,
no worries, me to was an newbie once up on a time, i have been into lot of problems while blogging. Let me make you clear!
Blogging is just a simple job, its is damn easy to understand , common guys let’s move on to understand more here.
Moving you can learn many new things about blogging, as a bonus included pro blogger practices which worked for me and believe that they should work for you too.
Before we go! why should I blog?
Here are the best answers i heard from newbie’s is
making money, its my passion , to maintain a diary on what i learnt today, to help the need, to share the latest news and etc
Lets keep going…here i will make it clear how to start ablog,
making you to understand the prerequisites for blogging,
here are they – Good writing skills, basic programming skills, huh! huh!
Doing Blogging is like creating a website from scratch whithout knowing how to code.
lets start a blog now, There are less than 6 steps to start a blog
- Find your Blogs name & Buying a new domain & Hosting
- Choose a blogging platform or CMS &
- Find your niche to decide what to blog about,
- Choose the theme, set up a blog on your domain, design & develop your new blog
- Create different pages to manage your needs,
- Create content strategy to managing content on your blog…
Its done… You started a blog now!, move on be consistent, write a unique content, stay on with patience , it will take time.. soon start to find opportunities to make money through blogging ???….
Lets Jump into,
Now, I have packed up all popular blogging insights you need to consider when starting a new blog or posting an new post for your existing blog.
Pro-Blogging Tip :Pick your Loyal reader and write a quality blog post fitting his preferences
Donot Forget this….
Get Ready to Improve Your Blog, Then!
Blogging Practices That Bring In Returning Audience.
Know Yourself: Understand Your Passion, Interests, Resources you have, abilities & skill set, dependency and their availability, etc.
Real-time: In my casei was an SEO, i have passion over digital marketing & Analytics. I have knowledge on how to do seo, get business using digital marketing and more.I know few developers, who can help me out in developing websites, content writers write content when i need.
Understand Niche Market: Analyse Trending Experts or Competitors , Topics coverage, relevant topics, topic popularity , Existing Online Presence & Communities etc.
Real-time:In my case Brain dean, Neil Patel and others are trending experts, seo, page traffic, and more are competitors, and niche frequently blog on seo, local seo, link building, seo trends, seo news, google algorithm updates, and more and there are meetups etc and other seo communities where iam active since 2014..
Brain storming: Analyse the topics, identify the keywords, select the primary keyword, identify the branding term, Get the domain,
Real-time:My targeted keywords are seo, seo services, link building, local seo & so i selected my domain as iamdoingseo,
Get you Blog/business Domain: Get a domain from godaddy, or any other sources where you can buy a domain, Things to consider while buying a domain:
- Content or niche
- Achievement or goal
- Tone of your blogging style or Blogging Module
- Targeting Audience (students, experts,women or men etc)
- Sources of traffic
- Name length,
- Opinion of others
- Legality, geographic TLD’s
- Relevant, previous used Domains, any expired relevant domains , consider getting or secure multiple domains and many more.
- with high Page Authority.
Let me make it more clear, domain is an urlsome thing looks like
www.iamdoingseo.com or google.com etc, you can buy similar with a name you want, it can be a new domain or expired domain.
Pro tip: it’s a great idea to go for any expired domain.
Best Blogging Platform:
Make choice’s where to build you blog on, there are to many options for you to build a blog on, Here are few best blogging platforms i can recommend for those who are looking to start a blog:
What to look for while choosing best blogging platform?
I can recommend you to go either for blogger or wordpress to start ablog, added, there is an option to migrate between platforms of your choices.
Why Blogger is one of the best Blogging Platforms for beginners or newbies Today?
Good thing about blogger as your blogging platform is getting a free hosting service from google, free SSL, multiple theame options, allowed for customization, free add-ons etc.
But Pro’s, even mattcuts recommend wordpress to build your blog on. Today, WordPress enabled with lot many opportunities that makesblog stand out on Search engine SERP’s. Lot more behind blogger, wordpress as preffered choices few includes Tumbler, Wix, Medium etc
To Much Cost, But Must Go With WordPress Why?
- Easy to use Content Management System Tool
- Tons of free theames to use
- Lots of resources includes blogs, forums around WWW, to help you in using wordpress
- Many Plugins, add-ons available for WordPress, these makes your complex jobs easier while buildng your blog on wordpress and many more.
I hope you get enough knowledge by now, How to choose your blogging Platform ? its right.
Then lets undersatnd where to host the blog we build?
Why we need to host, on hosting you can put your blog on interent so that every one else can view the blog
Here its needs some descion making skills, its like making a choice on
- considering a free hosting, of paid hosting services availble over the world wide web
- choosing local or offshore hosting services
- Getting your own domain hosted for free or you want to get free subdomain hosted for free or you want your own domain with paid hosting.
Let me add some sources for you to take this descion easier
We have 2 options to go for free hosting,
- having your own domain, then go and host your domain on blogger for free
- want to have subdomain, then go start a blog on wordpress, tumbler, blogspot, looks like yourdomain.wordpress.com, or
yourdomain.tumbler.com or yourdomain.blogspot.com and this actually looks ugly and this will never help you earn money, but still there exists some cases, you have decent traffic, then for sure you can make money out of it. i add that the service providers can even delete the blog when they donot need it. there are few similar cases with blogger
Limitations for free hosted/non hosted blogs:
- Restricted access,
- donot have full control, can’t own your blog
- Though you have option for TLD,s they not support you well
I hope now you are looking for paid hosting service right!
Want to Consider any paid Hosting space or platform:
- Consider your budget,
- Get ready with resources that will help you in hosting
- Keep a note, You are ready with Existing or availability of Sources to track metrics include uptime, bandwidth, etc
- Analyse What blogging platforms, hosting services your competitors or using, Your Requirement of hosting (stand alone or multiple hosting or shared hosting),
- Location of Hosting server
- Look for coupons, offers which can save you some money
Disclosure: Let me recommend you best hosting offer through Cloudways which can even save you some money during this black friday sales..this may expire soon,
After Getting a promise that, you will choose wordpress as your blogging paltform and confirming You had a own domain, identify the hosting services provider, Host your wordpress blog on your server.
Than all you have to do is going for www.yourblognamehere.com/wp-admin, provide the credentials and star writing a new post atleast weekly once.
Bit Confused here right, I know that you have no idea on what to write or post to your blog.
Befor that you need to design your wordpress blog using lot of free theames available our internet.
Here isan recommendedresourse for you:I force you to look over the complete resource on wordpress hosting, – contributed by Harsha Agarwal,
using option Appearance > select the Theme and install. You can even make changes if you buy the theame. i.e. Hosting and Designing
Once every thing suggested above is done..
Its time to find the content opportunites, create the content and let your audience know the update, here is the way to do that
Analyse & Know your Audience : Find what your audience searching.Using People Also Ask (PAA), Answer public etc, Get your Content: Write yourself, look for experts to get content.Check for Quality Content: Avoid writing bla -bla -content, instead Understand How Google analyse your Content Quality and dance in the tone.
Let the people know: Email Marketing, guest posting, Online Communities,rss feeds.
Hope I made you Understand how to start a blog from scratch. If any questions reach me at [email protected], any time here to help you..
Blogging Made More Advanced – Lets dig deep into blogging Now!
Blogging is not about, Its all Answering,
In general, Writing a blog post mean presenting your views, or opinions, or things you learn, your experiences etc related to targeted keyword.
Real Time: I write SEO niche, How-to’s, link building tricks worked for me and more here in this blog focusing the keywords i target.
I only write when inspiration strikes. Fortunately, it strikes at nine o’clock sharp every morning.– William Faulkner
Why & How I Made “Writing A Blog every day” as my Habit!
Why I Want to Blog?I spend lot of my time on writing answers on Quora, Later on had a thought of having an online diary where i keep on recording all my answers to Quora queries later this became an blog How I made Blogging as my daily routine?
- Created a plan, and stay committed,
- Framed few Action items
- enable triggers, alerts using coach.me
- Stay updated with niche Industry (in my case SEO)
- updated my blog frequently targeting keywords to increase chances to rank
- setting up fresh content expectations among readers to increase revisits and more.
- Be consistent and not loosing the tone, It really matters as new, updated, and frequent content adds seo benefits for blog, tone adds revisits
Why I need a blog?
Blog today to start business tomorrow!
If you own a business, use your business blog to make my customers understand about services, products, news etc. Business Never blogs to increase their sales but to make their customers stick to them or let its one time customers come back. Being a business owner you should blog about what you are doing time to time to help your customers better, to improve brand awareness, how your customers can reach you when facing issues etc. If you wasan celebrity/influencer/expert or any individual use the blog to make my fans understand latest activities, movies or latest news, your innovations etc. I use my Blog to stay touch with my audience and increase trust, improve my authority, find a client, maintain relation ship, to get some profits using adsense & amazon associates, and self improvement etc.
Successful Blogging! — Insights From Pro’s when Using Blogger , And When Using WordPress
Take control over complete seo, when using free host i.e. blogger and not WordPress.
——-On Page SEO is your post quality & how well it’s optimized for keyword and meta value for that article, how well it is optimized for mobile environment, engaging ,addition of media, page performance etc. i.e. technical seo.
——-Off Page SEO is quality back links, Here are few you need to take care
How I Optimized my blog for Readers, and Search Engines?
- Find a Keyword Phrase you can rank (informational (know about niche), navigational (Find the brands and Go to Niche brands), Transactional(do niche i.e. services) Keywords) using Google keyword planner.We have a chance to ranking for a keyword phrase only if our Domain Authority is in the same range as the DA of pages that rank high for that Keyword phrase.
- URL Optimization:Taking care of my post URL or permalink by Including keywords, just avoiding using stop words, making it too short (Example ‘https://www.iamdoingseo.com/blogging-tips.html, ) density & labels for related posts
- Utilizing Keywords in my entire blog i.e. in titles, headers, alt, anchors, brand+keywords, Long tail keywords, conclusions, avoiding keyword stuffing etc
- Title optimization: for blogger optimize your post title by default so to avoid that , Replace <title><data:blog.pagetitle/></title> with <b:if cond= ‘data:blog.pageType == "index"’> <title><data:blog.title/></title> <b:else/> <title><data:blog.pageName/> </title> </b:if>
- Image Optimization: Compressed images, Add keyword in alt tag and title tag for seo benefits,
- Meta tags : keyword optimized title, description(to improve ctr), footer text, header tags( each page has unique H1, H2, H3), content.
- Optimize home page title for brand,
- Build External links with No-follow , Do-follow attributes using keyword, brand variation anchors.
- Internal linking from new blog post to existing relevant content,
- Setup (AMP)Accelerated Mobile Pages.
- Allow comments for your blog,
- Burn blog feed use feed burner.
- Crawl your site using Screaming frog, Beam US Up and find broken links, details of webpage I.e. titles, meta tags, webpage URLs, duplicate content, page blocked using no-index, attribute and robot.txt,
- Canonicalization for all duplicate or similar content webpages,
- Ensure blog website is mobile optimized,
- Track user clicks using heat maps,
- Setup friendly 404 pages,
- Setup your web pages with open graph meta data for rich social shares.
- Fixing all the technical issues of the blog(indexing & crawling), robots.txt, sitemap.xml, duplicate content, hosting, speed, security (https:// instead https://), sign up & configuring blog for google/bing/yandex/baidu webmaster to identify & fix technical, HTML, and crawl errors, and fixing issues with google analytics track
- Links Management i.e. existing interlinks, external links, redirections, fixing broken links
- Find the niche, using trends and blog on topics you can rank for and understand your brand voice to dance to your audience tone
- Referring others links to learn more and get a benefit of back links
- Analytics to understand online performance of the blog
How to structure a Blog post?
- Create a list of includes all the things you want to use in your blog,
- Group similar topics,
- Ordering topics,
- Create keywords optimized short paragraphs,
- Embed you tube videos,
- Social mentions, enable Social shares for your blog,
- Include keywords optimized images
- end up post with conclusions, & call to actions
- zero grammar errors,
Editing or Proof reading
Edit the content to make it easy to read,
Blog Promotion: How to Get More Views/Traffic to your blog?
Being Bloggers we always have an special need of finding unique readers & subscribers to populate our blog. Every blogger hunt’s for the ways to grow their audience faster and more faster. Here are different ways I exactly done to know the target audience, bring target audience, let the target audience revisit my blog.
Giving Priority for preferences of your audience uplift the blog among competitors.
Here are my blog success leaks or my traffic generation tactics:
- I will be specific to maintain my insights quality.
- Action Items: I create a cheat sheet for targeting audience categorized with age, gender, education, industry, employment status, audience active times, sources for audiences, sources for finding audience preferences, to optimize my decision making cycle.
- Stay connected: Talk to recently engaged audiences through different sources I.e. meetups, webinars or hang outs, email marketing, Whats App, Allo, trends, forums etc.
- Asking open end questions, questions let to feel i help them,
- Track my brand or name mentions on social media using tweet deck, my customers followers using follower wonk and google wonk, track shares and engagements of my customers on social media, blogs, forums, Q&A sites etc.
- Taking help of Internal sources info: tech support team, customers support team.
- Look into feedback’s, reviews, comment on your competitor blogs,
- Research and analyze Idea generations includes sources i have, what questions i can answer, what different ways i can answer the questions, how i can focus on the things my audience looking for, find use full, type of language writing capabilities I have and what are the ways of language writing, terminology My audience love.
- I attend conferences, fallow experts interviews, etc.
- Letting my audience know about my post through social media, email marketing
- back links to similar high authority blogs,
- blogging or contributing for high authority niche top blogs
- Read & commenting on competitor blogs, engage with comments on your own blog,
- Blogging Regularly,
- Using proper tags & categories
- Use Triberr and other sources to connect with other bloggers,
- Join niche communities, groups on fb, linkedin, pinterest, webforums, etc
- email lists
- Know topics using google alert, talk walker alerts, buzzsumo, semrush,
- Add “click to tweet” boxes within your content using clicktotweet,
- Email Marketing
- Social Media Shares for your blog with unique messaging tools include Blog2social, use triberr,earn enough credits to promote your blog by promoting other blogs on viral content bee
- Promote on Social book marking sites reedit, flip board, Digg, blog engage, bizsugar, blokube, zest, growth hackers, hacker news, techspy, film watch, N4G, web blend and more..
- go for content Curation on scoop.it, list.ly, flip board, perl tree, paper.li
- Content aggregators to collect content to one easy-find location i.e. :alltop, affdaily, popurls,etc
- content syndication (republishing): republish post on LinkedIn, medium only after google indexed your post adding rel=”canonical” tag to the republished
- Content re purposing
- Blog commenting
- Content discovery platforms like outbrain, taboola
Email Marketing for promoting Blog:
Blogging & Email marketing are the powerful workhorses for bloggers. Learn how emails help pro’s reach new readers.
Email marketing, Bloggers opportunity to provide valuable, relevant, ridiculously useful content to audience in convenient ways that work for them.
Combined my habit of blogging with email marketing for getting my readers attention online, to establish my authority, and getting found in the search engines. I Distribute my recent posts, newest resources using email campaigns. Here are few Strategies i used for running email marketing campaigns for my blogs:
- Used Feedblitz, Aweber, Mail chimp and other email marketing tool to push my new blog posts out to my subscribers automatically.
- Included a link back to the blog post on my site in my daily emails.
- Encouraged conversation, asked audience to comment by saying “Join the conversation on the blog”
- Marketed my blog using Auto Responders, include lots of links back to my foundation blog content.Sending Fallow up mails,
- Created editorial calendars for blogging ,email marketing campaigns.
- I Introduce new websites to my audience members who were looking for new and useful blogs to read by promoting my guest postings through email marketing.
- I also Drive traffic from social networking platforms back to my content
- Use Email Signatures
Take care things
- Be aware of frequency and timings so to uplift the chances to read the blog,
- Track your emails open and click rates to measure blogging success,
- As a Bloggers you must add a pop up sign up form to your blog website, to double your audience.
Can we make money via Blogging?
Yes! Why Not…. Blogging can be one of most popular ways of making money, there are many bloggers who are earning lakhs together only through blogging, here are few ways how one can start earning through blogging,
- Selling Services(training, consulting, and other niche services)
- Selling Products (Virtual (e-books, software’s, apps, online courses, news letters, printable’s etc)
- selling books,
- requesting donations,
- Syndication services
- Creating Communities,
- Premium content
- Providing coaching or training
- Hosting Events, or promoting the events, webinars, conferences, meetups, workshops, summits etc
- Affiliate marketing
- Advertising (Sponsorships, job boards, giveaways, rss etc
Blog is not Performing well – Things to re-look
Running Content Audit Regularly to Remove Trash on Blog
- Collecting URL, Title, Organic, referral traffic, Author, Word count, Referral Domains, using Google analytics,
- Rearranging data based on no of organic search views, total views , word count, referring domains,
- Remove all poor performing posts behind redirecting them to home page or relevant blogs,
Recheck Your content Strategies, Keywords You Target:
Blog performance depend on quality/uniqueness/engaging/solutions providing content optimized around high search volume keywords
Do Keyword Research to find the best keywords you want to target your blog/business:
- Finding a keyword with decent search volume, medium competition using keyword tools i.e google keyword planner, long tail pro, and a list of keywords driving traffic for your competitors, using semrush, Ahrefs, and other tools.
- Get keywords using google relevant search mine auto complete for getting up to date keywords ideas, include wild cards for depth keyword research,
- Look for new keywords using google trends,
- Set google alerts for target keywords analysis i.e. new keywords targeting by your competitors.
- Considering relevance, ease of ranking,
- Analyse page authority and domain authority of top ranked 10 pages for each keyword,
- Selection of keywords considering search volume, difficulty to rank, relevancy, competition, bidding rate, and intent.Use keywords every where extension for analyzing your keyword,
- Analyzing all the above factors and find it better, ideal, consider your abilities and include them in finalized list of 30 keywords,
Apply Keywords, Content Strategy In To Your Blog,
Focus on premium quality, keyword focused content, so to write a post deserved to rank for targeted keywords.
here are the keyword optimized content producing, promoting strategies:
- Research your keyword before targeting with content, (ads, organic, local, news)
- Avoid this as “New site owner” target low competitive keywords to index and rank fast, (Myth)
- Group similar keywords in to topics,
- Prepare an schedule for postings on blog include company related, services related and it’s features related and an technology or niche related blog post, guest posting, announcements related, images and YouTube promotions related,
- Use LSI, Synonyms of keywords while producing content,
- Find questions and answer them through your content,
- Find popular content of any topic from Reddit, I.e the content with more up votes, find your competitors popular content on Reddit, using reddit.com/domain/yourcompetitor.com ,
- Use the search analytics report, ordered by impressions, to look for keywords with a high number of impressions and average search position,
Final Words:My Recommendations
Things may be repeated: Content Promotion Strategies (Others):
- Create a prospect list of other influencers who may be interested in the post and reach out to them,sending your new blog post out to those email list,
- Sharing it on your social media channels,
- Reaching out to everyone mentioned in the post,
- Emailing people who have shared similar content,
- Emailing people who have linked to similar content,
- Sharing your post on Reddit,
- Sharing your post on niche communities (i.e. Inbound.org and GrowthHackers for marketing content),
- Answering questions on Quora, Yahoo answers, and linking to your post,
- Re purpose the post into a video, blog, slide share presentation etc,
- Comment on related blogs and mention your post,
- Participate in niche forums and mention your post,
- Syndicate the post on Medium, Linked In Pulse (or relevant sites in your industry),
- Contribute guest posts to other blogs and link back to the post
Latest Link building Strategies for Bloggers:
Promote your new blog post using below mentioned link building strategies for getting Back links
- Tweet your new post before building links, (included @mentions),
- Build links from with in content from websites with high da, ur, with an anchor text.
- Find viral content on Facebook and write an relevant blog and share the link on face book,
- Monitor your competitors back links,
- Get an back link from those sites where your multiple competitors getsan back link from,
- Go for Content syndication using medium, LinkedIn pulse, social media today,
- Get an back link from Wikipedia,
- Find content which bring in large traffic for your competitor sites, and move forward with SEO copy writing,
- Answer questions for links those drive more traffic on Quora,
- Join, participate comment on related forums
- Broken links link building-techniques, strategies, finding your competitors broken links and request webmasters for writean guest post to get an back link
- Turn brand mentions in to links by finding your brand mentions along the web using google alerts,
Grow your blog’s organic search traffic, using provided SEO strategies in the above blog post with careful planning, focus and hard work.if you have any other tips please leave me a comment and add to the fun. I absolutely love reading the huge comment-essays that you all tend to write.